[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tracy on January 30, 19101 at 22:37:25:

I just thought I would share my spiritual transformative experience with all of you. This is a really wonderful web-site by the way. Up until 3 months ago, I was seeing a psychologist for an anxiety disorder and various other personal problems. He recommended a book to me called "A Grief Observed" by C.S. Lewis. (I had recently lost my father and was struggling with issues regarding death) Lewis' book was beautifully written, his pain so searing I could feel it as I read the words. I had to have more. I began to read his writings on Christianity and spent an entire month in deep contemplation about God and felt very isolated and disconnected from everything and everyone in my life. I was not happy in my marriage at that point, so there was a good deal of turmoil in my life. I found myself driving around the beautiful countryside near my home one afternoon - trying to assuage the demons I suppose...and suddenly I noticed how crystal clear everything was becoming. It was a beautiful fall day, the colours were dazzling, the leaves fulgent and just so vivid. Everything just kept getting clearer and clearer. I was held for a moment in time or an eternity, I don't know. I had a sudden and complete sensense of the oneness of everything...how every single living thing has a consciousness all it's own and that it is all part of the absolute that lies outside of our existence. I felt that every thing that had ever happened in my life: joyous,heartbreaking,hopeful..had really led up to that moment. I had tingles all throughout my body and I began crying tears of absolute joy from my soul. It was the most incredible, amazing...there are no words for it.
Since my experience I have been filled with creativity...the thoughts, words, beautiful poetry keeps flowing... I have an urge to create, create, create... and feel that if I don't I will explode! I have always wanted to play a musical instrument and this urge was so strong that I immediately enrolled in violin lessons. I have been playing for only 2 months and I am almost through the 1st Suzuki book. I can't explain my rapid progress. Other than it's in me and it just has to get out. I love my violin and feel that it is my calling. I have never played a musical instrument in my life, couldn't read a note of music and suddenly I am playing Bach. Small minuets, mind you but not bad for someone of 'no musical ability.' I had a moment of transcendence that I try to recreate on a daily basis. I now know, without a doubt that there is God. God is everywhere. Honestly, I do not even look at trees the same way anymore. There is a sense of this HUGE consciousness all around. My own consciousness seems to have gotten bigger. my sense of the world seems larger, more expansive. I sound nuts but I have had this life-changing experience that I needed to share. And this I can't tell to most people. I have had inspiration for a huge environmental campaign that I want to launch. It came to me as I was looking at a single solitary tree in the middle of a cornfield. Words seemed to float right across my mind as to exactly how I should proceed with this. TThe urge to do this is so strong that it is difficult to explain. I hope this will inspire others.
Thank you for reading.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page