[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

Other Message Threads
You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

Re: Not an Ego Board, just needs some design help...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by peter on December 16, 19100 at 04:06:02:

In Reply to: Not an Ego Board, just needs some design help... posted by Mark Grinstein-Camacho on December 15, 19100 at 20:04:10:

Thanks for the suggestions. There are different ways to configure the software running this board. We had another version on another server years ago based on WODA, a shareware DB engine. I had paid a programmer to configure it. Then the server crashed and we had to move CCafe elsewhere. The programmer wanted his money all over again. No could do. I had to get something easy I could impliment without much ado. Here it is.

I agree it could be better. Best would be to find a programmer willing to donate the resurection of WODA. We await some pronoia in this area for implimentation of WODA...

We need (IMHO) to put up a much better community communications site (than what exists at http://creativity.net/wwwboard/wwwboard.shtml) using the WODA database engine (already in place on the C.COM server with a demo page (below), that will be the loss leader for the eCommerece business at CREATIVITY.COM. The site will feature places to ftp your movies, animation, mp3, tiff, etc along with a description of your art and/or talents--after getting your free account ID and Password access (to allow changing listings and "products") to the database of submissions. Then we can begin a series of contests, including one for the KidCast in April, to receive submissions for winning trips to Hawaii, Underwater Flying Lessons, Software, etc. The basic code is up at: http://creativity.com/compendium.cgi. It will work sorta like: . In fact their whole website is based on WODA. Please check it out and look at the source code. If you dear reader can help us out with some WODA programming, we can talk about compensation.

Blessings and Peace

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page