[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

Other Message Threads
You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

Trance vs. Grounding

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Grinstein-Camacho on December 15, 19100 at 19:53:30:

In Reply to: Re: Clearing Techniques - Thanks for the Great Centering Tips! posted by Creativity Cafe on February 16, 19100 at 01:13:00:

I thought that the state you describe, where you are not wholly "here" but thinking about something, is called "trance". Although it's not good to be constantly trancing, most of us do it quite a bit, and lots of magical work is traditionally done in trance.

The other state you describe, where you are wholly "here" (and accusing us readers that we aren't good enough because we do too much trance and not enough of this) is called a "grounded" state, and it is achieved by "grounding and centering"; this is a practice that you have described, and it has been described in innumerable ways in countless cultures.

I would think it perfectly satisfactory if someone did this by visualizong a cord, linking themselves to the earth and the sky; or a tree, roots reaching down and branches up. Of course, these are expansinve, not defining; but I don't think that would be a problem if that gave the person a greater feeling of being "grounded". Another technique is to illuminate general regions; one specific method of that is called the "chakra meditation technique" and is also becoming very popular.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page