[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

Other Message Threads
You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

Want to read something?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Grinstein-Camacho on December 15, 19100 at 01:25:55:

In Reply to: Re: Thought on making a decision posted by Peter Rosen on December 13, 19100 at 10:57:00:

These philosophies are actually sort of "classic" in the occult community; the general idea that you describe is called "creative visualization", and we all practice it every day, as you described. (Some Witches even build it into a complicated ritual to attain a goal.) In fact, "creative visualization" is a sort of buzzword for executives; they will pay hundreds of dollars to go to a seminar about it; and a few years ago a woman named Shakti Gawain wrote a book, called "Creative Visualization", and it sold over *two million* copies without any promotion, since so many people who read it said, "This is a great book, and it's helped me so much and I love it so much I'll buy a copy for all of my friends." and the friends also thought that, and continued. I myself have bought a copy, and I'll reccomend it to you; I think you'll love it.

The idea of an "inner voice" is also classic; in fact it has existed in almost every culture up until now. Some occultists believe it to be a personal "spirit guide", other people call it intuition, one culture said that every woman had a Juno after the goddes of a similar name and every man had a Genius, masculine of that, by which we get the word, and so on. Parenting books will tell parents how to respond to children so that they will grow up learning how to recognize and respect that, and ultimately themselves, usually calling it "their feelings". (To anyone who wants to learn how to talk like that, read "Liberated Parents, Liberated Children" by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish; I loved it. You may also want "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, although I found that less practical.)

I hope that in the future, everyone will respect and love themselves and others, and continue to record their ideas and recognize and love their personal guidance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page