[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

How to change topical material into story/narrative format.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pastor Chaney on December 21, 1998 at 15:52:06:

I'm a pastor -- that has been diligently researching ways of presenting sermons in narrative form. Storytelling sermons -- by rewriting old ones -- changing them from topical to narrative. I''m finding this works and somehow it falls into the context of play-writing. I reformulate a topical sermon into a story and then -- act the whole thing out in front of my congregation. I'll go in and rewrite my older dryer stuffy topical material into a story and pitch it alongside the Biblical text -- it works -- and all the while staying in context. Somehow -- this has been able to breathed some new life into my congregation.

I've been everywhere doing this research. Well, my journey has brought me to you. I just need more education in the how to's so -- I can do this much more powerfully.

This is what I will do now:
1. Take an old topical sermon.
2. Change it into a first or second person narrative.
3. I become a character in the story or tell it from a detectives point of view.
4. Then as I march the congregation through it and we learn together.

They love for me to do this but I'm not as good at it -- as I plan to become. Can you advise me on how to do it better? Where can I find -- online teaching, tapes, books etc. that I can buy and grow into this new adventure?

I would be very grateful if you would please take a few minutes and guide me!

I Remain,
Yours Truly,

Sid S. Chaney Sr.
Senior Cell Pastor
FaithStreet Ministries Port Allen, LA
E-Mail: Biblewords@aol.com

P.S. If I could find a professional that could take me on as a project I would gadly pay for their services. I plan to pay someone at some point so -- if you're one of those please don't hestitate to accept payment for services and don't hesitate just because I a clergyman. Do it for me today! Thanks in advance!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page