[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

Other Message Threads
You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

Virtual Gathering: Nov 6 & 7 - Young People, Creativity & Digital Technology Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CCafe FWD: Trevor Horsewood on October 23, 19100 at 16:16:30:

To: awedu@Activeworlds.com
Subject: [awedu] Open: Young People, Creativity & Digital Technology
Precedence: bulk

My apologies to those of you who may already be aware of this project, but I thought that it might be worth forwarding information about the Arts Council's Open initiative to the list for those who might wish to know more.

Below is some brief information about the event which I hope you may find of interest! I am also trying to think about interesting on-line activities so any suggestions gratefully appreciated. Please feel free to mail me any comments.

Sincerely
Trevor Horsewood

Open is a multi-sited, international art programme taking place in Camden on the 6th and 7th November, 2000. Styled as a creative laboratory the programme features a number of inter-linked events including exhibitions, workshops, panel discussions, webcasts, and keynote speeches. Open explores the impact of digital technology on emerging arts practice and youth culture.

The event takes its cue from one of the most intriguing stories in digital information history - the phenomenon of open-source software. Open explores the implications of the open-source model for the dissemination of information in visual culture. The model holds rich possibilities for a number of related issues' including how today's emerging artists make art and how we access that art. Furthermore the open-source model can help in thinking about how contemporary art might be accessed by a wider audience through new teaching and discursive practices.

The hub of the event is the network of tunnels and spaces beneath the Camden Roundhouse - the Undercroft. The intricate layout of the space will act as a metaphor for the intellectual site-map of the event. As a venue famous for its music and art associations, it will house exhibitions and digital link-ups to the other sites of Open as well as to related virtual worlds. The other locations have been chosen for their symbolic value as sites of learning and information dissemination - the British Library, Interchange Studios and Haverstock School.

To receive programme details and information on Open register by e-mailing mailto:join-opened@listmail.artsfb.org.uk

Visit http://www.thisisnot.com from 2 October to register and receive regular updates.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page