[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

FutureWorld Expo Proposal - First Creativity Cafe Physicalization

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter H. Rosen on November 29, 1998 at 23:35:49:

In Reply to: THE BEGINNINGS OF V.A.R.I.O.U.S. - A Personal Story posted by Peter H. Rosen on November 29, 1998 at 22:47:44:

March 3, 1983

Mr. Todd E. Mills
FutureWorld Expo '83
5455 Castle Knoll Road
La Canada, California 91011

A proposal for a "State-Of-The-Art" Exposition Information & Resource Center at FutureWorld Expo '83

Dear Todd:

Let all of us at V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media take a moment to congratulate you for your success in bringing into reality FutureWorld Expo '83; and thank you for allowing us to participate in creating the vision of a positive future to inspire Los Angeles and the World.

As you know, we are a group of artists and supporters of the arts, who, for the past two and one-half years, have created a forum called V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media Ink where artists and the public may interact, sharing images and ideas--catalyzed by large screen projections of artworks.

At these events, I describe an artists' resource center that will provide a computerized referral and information directory of art/service organizations and advocates. This center will further education, social interaction and financial expansion of artists and the community-at-large through a job bank, synergy-networking area, production spaces and community outreach projects. Additionally, a videodisc image storage and retrieval system, will make artists' images available to visual art users internationally through global computer networks.

We propose to create a prototype Resource Center at FutureWorld designed to enhance the exposition in the following ways:

1. Increasing attendance by announcing to the art world and the public at large, the actualization of a functioning Resource Center.

Visual Artists' Resources Including Other Unique Services has succeeded in placing itself in the public eye and consciousness of the Los Angeles Arts Community. Our extensive promotion and advertising have gained recognition for the organization, both locally and throughout the state. (See demographics and articles attached). When we announce the actuality of such a Resource Center at FutureWorld, it is certain to greatly increase attendance at the event.

2. Facilitating the movement, enjoyment, and excitement of those in attendance as they are greeted by the FutureWorld Exposition Information Resource Center, situated very visibly near the entrance.

An interactive videodisc system will allow visitors to FutureWorld to watch a large screen, ground-level point-of-view journey from The Resource Center, to any targeted exhibitor. They will also be invited to supply an image to be recorded and indexed in the videodisc storage and retrieval system.

Additionally, a computer graphics facility with output to a high resolution color monitor and large screen projection system, will attract people into the resource center. A computer artist will demonstrate its capability and coach visitors in its use--a VTR will be continuously supplying intriguing polished images to the large screen during demonstrations.

Through the cooperation of the equipment manufacturers, the FutureWorld Organization and the resources of V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media, we can create the Exposition Information and Resource Center. Perhaps it would be possible upon the closing of the show, to move the equipment and specially designed software into a permanent facility that could become the nucleus of a Los Angeles Future's Information Center, or the beginning of an Artists' Resource Center. What a wonderful thing to be borne out of the FutureWorld Expo '83 during "Future Week" and just in time for the worldwide attention of the 1984 Olympics!

On behalf of Visual Artists Resources Including Other Unique Services, I look forward to further discussion and implementation of this project with you.

Peace, Love and Light,

Peter H. Rosen
Executive Director
1809 S. Westmoreland Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90006

(213) 731-3694

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]