[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

Other Message Threads
You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

Advernture Story: Lost in the Lava Rock - Divine Synchronicity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Peter H. Rosen on January 21, 19100 at 15:19:38:

Another in the True Life Adventures of Shiloh Bones
copyright 2000 by Peter H. Rosen

Here is the story of the day before meeting the magic gal on Dec 5, 1999, whose love flung me accross the Millennium...three months to the day that the Spinning Turtle gave me a divine dance....It was the most connected to spirit bond ever...that came for the Y2K moment, and went off with another man in less than a month. It was hard to take, but the memories of the deepness of love that I experienced will remain for another thousand years...

Recovering from a gruelling hike traipsing in the dark over raw lava rock at La Parouse with Adriana yesterday (my friend who helped found Visionary Artists Resources Including Other Unique Services in 1983).... We found a nice grotto earlier and massaged each other at the edge of a little lake surrounded by jagged peaks. Moonscape for sure! We were so engrossed in what we were doing, we didn't notice darkness arriving...all too rapidly. Neither of us had a flash light. It was a dark and moonless night...we were way way out in a huge field of stone. We took an afternoon hike for about a hour over the jaggedy "trail" vaguely "marked" by a small splash of white paint here and there, and by loose gravel amidst the sharp lava and precarious crevices; unnoticable in the darkness. Ironically, I had commented about Hansel and Grettle on the way out.

We considered spending the night there, waiting for morning light, then I had an idea. Burning strips of the sheet we'd brought to work on. I took the massage oil and impregnated the sheet with it. I tore it in long strips and wrapped the oil ladden cloth around a stick we found. Vwalla...instant torch. It worked well until the lighter ran out of fuel. I had some old matches. Useless with the ignition strip on the matchbook cover. I used the smoldering torch to ignite the little fire sticks.

I was able to navigate by the crators' shadow against the night sky. Once into the small forest, I kept the sound of a dog barking in the distance at the same angle. We were both delighted at getting out without the consderable injury that could easily have resulted thanks to the slice and dice sharp lava rock. We burned half the sheet before we made it back to my car--within a thousand feet, even! We arrived on the highway a few steps from the car with minor scrapes and burns. Seeing that old Maui cruiser was very rewarding!

It reminded me of a challenge I had once in a very similar vehicle. Mala and I were on a camping trip in 1977. We were suddently trapped in a Blizzard at eight thousand feet. We made it back to my car, a three day hike that we did in cascading snowfall in 12 hours...only to find the water in the radiator of my little Toyota totally frozen. How we got out of that, is another story that will have to wait.

Another in my real life adventures.

Aloha, Love and light,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page