[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

allie mcbeal

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by black sheep on May 18, 1999 at 16:56:36:

I watch the television show "Ally McBeal" religiously every Monday. The introduction melody is "my" theme song for the minute or two it plays. While it is playing I dance widly, shaking my limbs, hair and all while I sing off key to the lyrics. I call my dance ritual "The IKO dance" because it releases my inhibitions. After the introduction song ends I emerse myself in this "Ally" character who I sense is flaky, psychosomatic, and a tad bit loose of a few screws. Yet she probably epitomizes my IKO routine. She sees unicorns, hears lyrics in her head, is snobbish, and undeniably the victim of her fantasies which clash with reality. At times I wish I could be in touch with the inner imagery Ally is. How about you? Are you an Ally?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page