[CCafe Resources] [CCafe Hot Links] [Community Forum] [Guest Book] [KidCast]
|| Resources || || Links || || Forum || || Guest Book || || KidCast ||

Creativity Cafe
Community Forum

You have come upon a meeting ground for creative spirit on a transformational path. We invite you, dear "Storyteller Of The New Millennium," to share a tale and offer a suggestion to nurture creative spirit. What techniques do you use to overcome the challenges of our rapidly changing and complex world?

The Modern Witch

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nenuphar on March 28, 1999 at 20:15:41:

When I say "witch", I do not exclusively mean "woman". Men or hermaphrodites can be witches
as well, or any other gender permutation. I am glad that our world, especially our spiritually-
depraved America is finally beginning to consider the possiblity of possibility...the existence
of alternate realities, the importance of art, the importance of creative and sexual and personal
expression, the existence of various facets of perception. Yet it is not happening fast enough.
This is still a very lonely world for those of us who want to be shamans of the new millennium.
And we cannot fully realize our roles as artist/healers if we are sequestered away in tiny shack
apartments. We must build communities. If that means reaching out online, so be it. We must
realize our collective power can change things. I do not look at Witchcraft solely in terms
of celebrating agrarian holidays of yore--that is fine, but living in a city, and craving a life
of living as honestly as possible, it does not feel "authentic" to be celebrating only agrarian
holidays. Therefore, I try to take the meaning of witchcraft to a new level, a level of supreme
individuality, in making my own rituals, my own holidays. I am currently working on channelling
the energy of Kali. However, this highly individual and modern path of witchcraft is lonely...
I meet some what I call "textbook" witches here in NYC...people who follow paths very, very
carefully according to witch manuals, which is fine, but I long to be part of a community of
individuals, if that makes sense. If you take anything from this, recognize both your intrinsic
uniqueness and yet also your subtle connection to all that lives and breathes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Creativity Cafe Community Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Creativity Cafe Home Page