Something is brewing for New Years!

Creativity Cafe's 2001 Community Forum: V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media Productions: Something is brewing for New Years!
By V.A.R.I.O.U.S._Media on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 08:13 pm:

In my work with "KidCast For Peace; Solutions For a Better World" an associate met at the Millennium Event Organizers Gathering in 1998, Beth Skye, introduced me to John Donohue, with whom I have been in discussion about joining his FUNKSTOCK production in April -- and potentially a CyberTheater Team in Canada. He now brings up the idea of funding a production on Maui for New Years 2001-2002. Below is the request for my consideration, that I now alert you to, and that has led me to establish this message base in Creativity Cafe's new Community Forum. Please participate as part our Maui Team. Let's shine for these folks! Add your comments and thoughts...

-Peer-
(out for some T)

To: peter@creativity.net
Subject: Maui Production.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001

Peter,

New Year's in Maui is an appealing combination for content-starved multimedia & sponsors wishing to connect with youth-oriented viewers/listeners.

Should Dave have interest in working with us in FL &/or elsewhere, we can simulcast and co-create live music & visuals with a number of sites.

Multimedia sponsorship packages would work well including a Maui location for ticket, travel & camp site accomodation promotional prizes.

Attendance can be small or large with bus-trips, reserved off-site parking and shuttle service.

I am open to any type or level of mutual involvement and agreeable renumeration. Should we formalize an agreement, I plan to compensate Skye for connecting us. Additionally, I hope we can work with Skye on a number of Production elements.

Please advise as to your interest in and involvement with a Maui Production.

Sincerely,
John

By Peter Rosen on Wednesday, February 14, 2001 - 08:22 pm:

This was my reply:

[SNIP]
There is a fantastic venue here.... The Marilyn Monroe house built by Frank lloyd Wright. We had our Millennium NY Eve party there....The great house sits on a deserted golf course on the side of a Mountain with vista views and lots of different levels and rooms to play and display in. The property is directly in the path of traffic from the airport to Lahaina (where Maui sends tourists to spend money). Given some high level visibility (thanks to a promotion budget) and sponsorhip of the technology for Audio, Video and Cyberstuff, we could put on a most inspiring showcase of visionary talent; music and art. Do digital storytelling with kids of all ages, etc. There is also a Youth Vision Team here on Maui just ramping up for Earth Day that would participate I am sure.

At any rate... The recent new years production crew here on Maui wants to do something together again. So I would have no problem involving them to support what we plan..especially if we can pay them. FYI, I initiated a mailing list for growing and grounding our local production wizards: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mauiteam .

Once you and I solidify our relationship (please help me here), I will let them know what's up...which as far as NY Eve is concerned, is a mystery to me at this point. Please clarify: NY Eve event(s) intention, FunkStock (Summer?) and Cyber Theater in Canada intentions; all of which I am interested in helping to evolve.

Could you share how you perceive my participation unfolding? BTW, I will pass on some of my compensation to Skye also for connecting us! Nice thought! On that note, might you suggest ballpark renumeration you could budget for my services?

Take care,
-peter-

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. A valid username and password combination is required to post messages to this discussion.
Username:  
Password:
Post as "Anonymous"