Monday, August 06, 2007

Arrival at SIGGRAPH 2007 - Stef's, Gary's

I think the last time I was here was in 2003. I really don't remember.

 ••••••••••• Saturday, August 4, 2007 11:29:25 PM US/Pacific ••••••••••• 

I was at gary's most of today. We interacted for a bit. I was surprised when he started going off about how he paid 3 dollars for a $50 item, $20 for a rug worth $300, etc, etc. etc. he kept going. I wanted him to chat with mom!

After playing a bit i went into his second bedroom and crashed. I was feeling really grateful for his hospitality and told him so. 

I tried to take a few good shots of him but he was mocking for the camera and as I know, unlike me, doesn't like being photographed.

 ••••••••••• Sunday, August 5, 2007 11:39:27 PM US/Pacific ••••••••••• 

on Lee Silber's Boat in San Diego Harbor after arriving at Siggraph around 3pm.  I drove down with Mike Amron who I didn't hear from all day yesterday, Saturday.  

I was crashed all day Sat. Gary left without a note or any discussion at all obviously having other plans I was not part of or he would have included me. 

Saturday, I had been sleeping on and off all day at his house (crashing over after his film screening and my rude snorring). I woke about 6pm for good. The tiredness was probably from lugging my luggage around the airports and my body clock adjusting.

I had spoken with Stef about David coming to pick me and my stuff up, but I decided to walk the 15 or so blocks to their house. As I left Gary's, there was a shopping cart conveniently waiting on the corner. I comendeered it getting to Stefs about 8pm, just as they were about to walk out the door. 

Stef was amazed at my timing. Another 20 seconds and I'd of missed them. She ragged on me for not letting her know that my plans were to stay over which I thought was clear.  She had not remembered she and I had spoken and agreed David would be going out for a film and could pick me up.  I perhaps should have called her before I decided to save him the trip and get there under my own speed? She didn't agree that her memory failed her.

She made a big stink that I never let her know I was coming over to sleep that night (even though we did discuss it) oh well.  We just let it pass.

We went to the DVD store and I took the opportunity to buy dinner - lunch for the road. Upon getting home, David and Stef curled up to watch a DVD. I went into Stef's studio and curled up with my broken laptop on the nice big bed. The laptop still usable but quite challenging with only 30% of the screen usable.

I got up early the next morning and packed for SIGGRAPH leaving my monster travel bag at Stefs.  


Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about my stories!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home